jueves, 17 de octubre de 2019

17/10/2019 - Weekly's Newsletter

Last week was about Nicole and Elly, their stories are very connected so I need to do both of them at the same time, with them the player will find the first “””important””” decision which will affect their relationship and their stories with each other and with their beloved MC. The develop of their stories is going way faster than Lucile and Daiana, that’s probably because Nicole and Elly don’t have any H-scene like Lucile and Daiana have and I’m way more CG heavy with H-scene than regular story, also I don’t have to spend like 2 days doing nothing but animations.


The major problem I found this week was the in-game WT. Lucile and Daiana’s stories are connected but Daiana’s story happens after Lucile story so placing the in-game WT hint is easy, but like Elly and Nicole happens at the same time and there is some branching and variations making their stories different, placing the correct hint at the correct time and making it change according what you did with the other girl to tell what the player has to do according to his own decisions becomes way more harder, and it make me spent an entire day just getting crazy about that.

I think the in-game WT is a really cool feature that I really want to have. I got the idea from A Town Uncovered (ATU for short) which is a sandbox with 5 girls and a main story and it has a retarded in-game WT that tells you exactly what to do at each step of the story and when I saw that I thought it was the coolest shit I ever saw in this games, but the reality is that ATU and most sandbox games with an in-game WT never mix their girl’s stories, at least not until the very very late game, so having an in-game becomes way easier than the mess I have to do. I’m not super super happy about this or even convinced but I think I’m gonna drop the in-game WT and use a regular PDF or something. Let me know your thoughts about this in the comments. Also, the idea of dropping the in-game WT made Nicole cries.

Lastly, I always say that I’m gonna start doing Patreon polls but this time I mean it. I already created post about giving credits and if I drop the in-game WT I will use that place to put info about the characters and there are some detail that I still have to decide so it would be perfect to start doing some minor polls before v0.15 is out and them get more serious.

That’s all for now. Thanks for reading.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario