martes, 23 de julio de 2019

07/23/2019 - Weekly's newsletter

Hello everyone, it's time for the weekly's newsletter.

This time I will do something different and I will talk about myself AND the game. I usually don't talk about myself in this kind of post but this time I'm gonna make an exception, not because I think it can be relevant for the players but I will be relevant to the development of the game. I will say a few things about just the game at the end of the post but it will be a short resume for the next weekly newsletter.

Why would I talk about myself are you asking? To talk about how long the next major update will take.



The game started in early March and was released in mid July, that's 4,5 months. I am studying to be a civil engineer and I don't have a job so I usually think of my studies as my job, at least until I get a real job. In those 4,5 months, I spent all my free time doing Complex Society and nothing else. The idea of SSB as a career in the game isn't just something I made up for the game, I do play SSB and I love that game with all my heart but in those 4,5 months I barely touched the game and I didn't watched any major tournament on Twitch. I didn't played any game, I barely meet with friends and I barely leave my house in those 4,5 months (except for school of course).

Was it worthy? Yes, I think it was. Was it healthy? No, I really don't think so.

In those 4,5 months: I learned how to code (I went from zero to evertyhing I know now), I did an inventory about pretty much every animation and object in the game just to know what I had in the game to work with, I did my best to do a "different" GUI (GUI is basically the menus of the game), I created 15 characters, I did 33 imagemaps, I created 21 originals room, the mainmap which was a particulary long fight and an almost fully functional cellphone, and after all of that I did the game (writing, doing the images and codding)

The good thing here is that everything I mentioned, I won't have to do it again so the structure of the game is done and is solid.
The bad thing here is that I am dead.
The best thing here is that I'm stupid and I don't know how to be dead, so I already started working again...

I would like to do this for a long time and I know that doing again what I did before isn't the way, so I will try to relax some more from now on.

With that being said, I will try to have the next major update in 2 months or less. I already know what I want to do and how much I want to do for V0.2 but I really don't know how much time will it take, so my idea is to release something in two months only if I have at least a v0.15 for that time. If I got a job I will have to recalculate it but that is a topic for another day.

About the game: I'm working on Lucile's story right now, I have to create the inside and the outside of her house, the rooms aren't finished yet so it may change for the release. The most important thing to announce is that Nocturnal85 volunteered as a proofreader for the game so Yay! No more broken english!. Be sure to thank him.

Before the next major update I will release the v0.1b update with Nocturnal85's corrections, adding the skip options for the sleep scenes and a few more suggested changes.

That's all, I swear for Alice's breasts that I usually don't do this posts so long, thiw will be probably the last time. Thanks for reading.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario